Tuesday, March 17, 2009

the end

i started today with my landlord's son's  7:30 am cocaine party waking me from my 3 hours of slumber.  normally i let it go, but my roommate has been working long hours and i felt bad for him so after 30 minutes of ridiculous techno music i went outside with my crutches and did an old man hand wag coupled with a very disgusted look and put a stop to it.  after falling back to sleep, i woke up to my buddies adam and bgb bringing gifts of brewski and lunch to celebrate my pre surgery blues.  we drank till around 7:30 when adam left and george arrived.  the beer flowed like wine!  finally around 10, i got hungry and we took a cab a few blocks to toby's public house.  i love their antipasti and artichoke pizza.  george, my wife and i continued to indulge in the spirits when i got up to go to the bathroom.  when i returned i realized that my knee didn't seem to hurt as much.  everyone thought i was just drunk, which i was and still am, but i got up and walked.  straight leg and all!!!  i fucking walked!!!  the torn meniscus had released from my knee bones just the way the doctor said it might!!!  it took 6 days but i am healed.  on the eve of potential expensive surgery, it all fell into place.  holy shit.  it's still very uneasy but i can walk.  i'm in shock and feeling really lucky.  i still need surgery but not emergency style.  i'm afraid to go to sleep.  thank you to all who wished me well.  

No comments:

Post a Comment