Saturday, March 14, 2009

acupuncture day 2

so, my knee has continued to get better but i still can't walk or for that matter, even straighten my leg.  i've opted for some intensive acupuncture as a possible remedy.  i figure the swelling could be relieved at the very least which would help the piece of torn meniscus to release itself from the clutches of my knee bones.  acupuncture is much less of the hocus pocus type treatment i thought it was. it's much more physical and immediate.  it is also painful, sometimes very much so.  maybe that means it's working.  all i know is that i'm going fucking insane.  this needs to get better, i have too much to do.  crossing my fingers for today's acupuncture session.

i read a great book yesterday called "ablutions".  it's a series of observations from the perspective of a bartender in a hollywood dive bar, something dear to my heart.  it made me want to write my story but i know i could never.  it seems disrespectful to write about people when you only really see the worst.  they come to blow off steam and look for companionship, not to be judged.  that's a very idealistic view, but one i try to uphold.  i love the way the book describes the evolution of "the regular".  it's pretty spot on.  read it, you won't be disappointed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment